Accessibility Statement for Middlewich Town Council
This accessibility statement applies to this website www.middlewich.org.uk
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, but we are in the process of working with external providers to ensure that it soon will be. Our accessibility roadmap shows how and when we plan to improve accessibility on this website.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. We plan to add text alternatives for all images by November 2020. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
- It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping
- Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, agenda’s and minutes and forms published as Word documents. By September 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix Minutes and Agenda’s issued before this date.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us on the above details for directions.
This statement was prepared on 23rd September 2020. It was last reviewed on 23rd September 2020.