The Internal Committee (which deals with Finance, Personnel, Assets and General Operations) and the External Committee (which deals with Events, Environmental Issues, Town Initiatives) meets once a month to consider matters as detailed on the agendas.
The Council employs the Town Clerk and other officers to implement the decisions made by the Councillors and the routine administration of the Council. The Town Clerk is responsible for managing all other employees and ensuring the Council follows correct procedure and legislation.
- The running of the Town Hall Office and Victoria Hall.
- Developing the Middlewich Neighbourhood Plan, a community-driven initiative that sets out the future direction for the town, allowing residents to have a direct say in the planning of housing, employment and the environment.
- The running of Southway public conveniences.
- The provision of Christmas lights.
- The organisation of Middlewich events, including the FAB Festival, the Middlewich Christmas Light Switch On, whilst supporting local events
Cheshire East provides, or is responsible for:
- Social care and health.
- Waste and recycling.
- Children, schools and families.
- Council tax, business rates and housing benefits.
- Environmental health and licensing.
- Leisure, culture and tourism.
- Maintenance of Highways.
- General enquiries can be made to the Cheshire East Information Line on 0300 123 5500; a full list of contact numbers can be accessed here.
- Councillor Vacancy